Dawn of Darkness
Orog (Deep Orc)
After thousands of years of survival in the harsh and dangerous Underdark, the orogs have changed to match their home, becoming more ferocious and better able to cope with the dangers found there. Physically, an orog looks similar to a large orc, except that the ears are somewhat larger, and their eyes are huge and pale. Over centuries, orogs have mastered the art of forging armor and weapons from the strange ores found in the Underdark. They favour half-plate and full plate armour, which are typical adorned with armor spikes.
When the orogs returned to the surface world, they found it to be something of a paradise and their warlocks created gates between their cities in the Underdark and the surface would. . Stronger and better equipped, the orogs quickly settled into positions of leadership in the tribes of the mountain orcs. Launching huge raids on the land of men and elves.
The orogs knew a short time of great prosperity, until the Empire of Lynn strikes back. What followed was the Orcgate wars, Gruumsh was finally defeated and imperial troops used the portal to assault the orog cities and capturing these orcs.
Today the majority of their cities have been destroyed and many of the orogs are enslaved in the mining and forging camps feeding the imperial war industry with ore and weapons.
- Racial Traits: +6 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma. Orogs are incredible strong, and they make natural leaders despite their ferocious appearance.
- Darkvision up to 120 feet
- Weapon Proficient with great sword and throwing axe.
- Tribal Forges +2 Racial bonus on craft (armorsmithing) and craft (weaponsmithing)
- Tough +2 natural armour
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds orog for 1 round. In addition -1 circumstance penalty on all attack rolls, saves, and checks while in bright light.
- Resistance: Orogs have fire resistance 5 and cold resistance 5
- Orc blood: For all special abilities and effects, an orog is considered an orc.